- Reference JO-1806-103
- Job type Permanent
- Salary £24355 - £23877
To assist the Home Manager with the operational management of the scheme, in accordance with Heritage Care’s policies and procedures and CQC Fundamental Standards, taking responsibility for specific activities including supervising staff. The post holder will deputise for the Scheme Manager when required.
· To ensure that the scheme offers a warm, caring, stimulating and homely environment to all its service users which recognises and values their collective and individual needs and aspirations.
To support and assist the Home Manager with the responsibility for monitoring broad aspects of the management of the scheme including; rotas, supervision of staff, recruitment and deployment of staff, and staff training.
· To carry out assessment of service user’s needs prior to admission, and to make sure admissions are conducted in line with current policies.
· To ensure the provision of suitable and sufficient personal care is provided at all times, including direct involvement when required.
· Help to establish and maintain effective relationships with relatives and outside professionals and develop links with local groups who may support ad help the scheme and its residents.
· Work alongside staff to promote best practice and act as a role model to all staff members.
· Undertake work projects and one-off tasks required in developing the service.
· A relevant care qualification such as QCF/NVQ Level 3 in Health & Social Care is essential
· QCF/NVQ Assessor’s qualification (Desirable)
· Management qualification (Desirable)
· At least one year’s experience of residential care for older people at a level involving supervisory or managerial responsibility
· Experience of supervising, training and mentoring care and non-care staff
· Demonstrate an understanding of the nature of the post applied for and the needs of older people living within the care home
· An understanding of the Health and Social Care Act 2008
· Ability to motivate and supervise staff
· Ability to produce clear and concise written reports
· Knowledge of specific conditions that affect older people, in particular, Dementia
· Knowledge of trends in care for older people
· Overall, we are looking for a sensitive, kind and considerate individual who is approachable with a sense of fun!
Please contact Lauren Clampett at OneCall24 on 07780990644 or email Lauren.Clampett@onecall24.co.uk