- Reference JO-1909-428
- Job type Temp
- Location Coventry
- Salary £8.5 - £13 Per Hour
- Specialism HCA
The Company: OneCall24 is a temporary staffing solution for various Care & Nursing homes across the Warwickshire region. We are currently inundated with shifts for Healthcare Assistants in the following areas near Coventry and can provide full-time or part-time working hours, days and nights on a temporary and flexible basis. Our registration procedure is completely free of charge, there are no fees to pay at all. We pay on a weekly basis and candidates are provided with a free of charge uniform.
- Leamington Spa
The Role: As a Healthcare Assistant, you will assist the residents with their personal care needs including bathing, dressing, moving around the home, assistance at mealtimes, continence care, the administration of prescribed medications under the guidance/supervision of a qualified medication technician and prompting and reminding.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
- Assisting the residents with personal care needs
- Assisting at mealtimes
- Administering prescribed medications under the guidance/supervision of a qualified medication technician
- Ensuring the residents have any aids they need (such as dentures, hearing aids, and spectacles) and that they are fitted, cleaned and in working order
- To respond promptly to requests of assistance from the residents
- To perform any necessary administrative, record keeping or documentation duties
- To undertake any other duties as delegated by the Home Manager on an ad hoc basis
The Candidate: The ideal candidate for the Healthcare Assistant position will have at least 1 years' previous experience in a similar role and have fluent English communication skills. You must also be comfortable giving personal care to residents. Qualifications within care would be beneficial, but aren't desirable.
Essential Candidate Criteria
- Minimum 1 year of previous experience in a similar role
- Eligibility to work in UK
- Excellent English communication skills
Desirable Candidate Criteria
- Care qualifications
- Driver with access to own vehicle